Beta 1 of the Curses Interface was released on May 20th, 2010. It is mostly the same as Release 6, with a few extra bugfixes, and the addition of an optional Windows installer. Here is a summary of the changes from release 4 (release 5 was integrated into UnNetHack, and not released on its own)
- Added an optional Windows installer (Windows zip file release is still available).
- Cursor positioning fixes.
- Expanded status window labels when there is room in the window
- Improved color handling (detect 8 or 16 colors, and set colors for terminals able to change color definitions)
- Improved Ncurses alt key handling
- Fixed PDCurses crash when sizing downwards < 80 columns
- Display animated effects correctly (e.g. rays)
- Improved support for smaller terminals
- Compressed status display for smaller terminals
- Fixed highlighting on top ten window
- Position-indicating map scrollbars for smaller terminal windows